About the job
Position at Nakisa
Nakisa has built top of the line SaaS solutions which are being used by Fortune 1000 of today all over the world. Our clients rely on us and our cloud-based solutions every day to perform some of their most critical business tasks and we need your help to keep them happy.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of software developers, overseeing the development of high-quality software solutions. You will ensure, software releases are delivered on time and meet the requirements of the stakeholders. You will be responsible for the growth and development of her/his team and will work closely with the HR business partner.
You will encourage a collaborate and team spirit approach within the team as well as with stakeholders, including product managers, architects, and QA teams, as needed.
- Lead and manage a team of software developers, provide guidance, mentor, and foster a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Responsible for ensuring that the software being developed meets high quality standards, and that testing and debugging are carried out effectively.
- Set clear objectives aligned with business goals and provide guidance and regular feedback.
- Foster professional growth and development of team members through coaching and training.
- Provide technical expertise and stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in software development, and apply this knowledge to drive innovation and improvement within the team.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, automation, and efficiency gains within the software development lifecycle.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration within the development team and cross-functional teams, to ensure alignment of software development activities with business objectives.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in software engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience with proven experience in leading and managing software development teams in an Agile environment.
- Strong technical background in software development, with proficiency in programming languages and frameworks such as Java, Spring Boot, JPA, TypeScript and VueJs; hands on experience with version control system such as Git; solid understanding of different branching strategies.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies, project management principles, and Agile practices.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire team members.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
Good to have
- Familiarity with DevOps practices, CI/CD pipelines, and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of Microservices and Cloud Native Application architecture.
- Experience working with remote supervisor and teams.
What’s in It for You?
- Opportunity to join a growing and fast-paced, SaaS company.
- Chance to make a difference.
- Work with Fortune 500 companies as your clients.
- Growth opportunities into more technical roles or management roles.
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skillset.
- Make wonderful friends and become part of the diverse and inclusive Nakisa family.
- Work with a team of incredibly talented and forward-thinking people who value hard work and know-how to celebrate the wins – No matter small or big.
- Amazing benefits & perks.
Nakisa is a global leader in enterprise business solutions for Organization Design and Accounting, and Compliance. Nakisa delivers innovative, forward-thinking, and robust human resource (HR) and financial management solutions that advance business strategies. Our vision is to resolve the most complex problems of every enterprise customer. Our solutions are being used by the Fortune 500 of today.
We bring together diverse and bright minds to offer amazing software products. We believe the key to our success is our unity in thought and action. As we are continuously improving, we work hard to ensure Nakisa’s values (Fairness, Integrity, Service, and Humility) drive our behaviors at all levels. Our solutions have excelled in the market. We are committed to excellence in its delivery and implementation, aiming for our customers to have the best possible experience in their journey with Nakisa. We’re recognized as one of best Canadian employers, having been named one of Montreal’s top employers of 2022, as well as one of Canada’s best employers for recent graduates.
Our people and our culture are the key to our success: hear from the team.