About the job
Crossover is the world’s #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, Trilogy. Have you got what it takes?Are you a software engineer that thrives on complex challenges and is eager to make a real impact? Join our team where you’ll be contributing to our strategic product line, that’s looking to reshape industries and change the way people work and learn.Our strategic product line includes:
- Crossover: An AI-powered hiring platform that sifts through millions of applicants per year to find the top 1% of global remote talent. We’re breaking down geographical barriers and making high-paying jobs accessible to professionals worldwide, regardless of their location.
- gt.school: An online education platform that uses advanced data collection, algorithms, and AI-generated content to empower students to learn at their own pace. Our adaptive learning system fills knowledge gaps, accelerates learning, and helps students master a whole grade level on a subject within weeks.
- Data-driven Sales: This initiative leverages data and AI algorithms to streamline the sales process across a portfolio of over 100 software products. We’re transitioning these products to a unified platform based on Salesforce and NetSuite, all while handling complex data imports, synchronization, modeling divergences and data inconsistencies.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, including the latest in AWS serverless and no-code/low-code patterns.
- The opportunity to learn and experiment with using generative AI to boost your productivity.
- A team of exceptionally talented engineers from around the world as your peers.
- The chance to work on products that are reshaping industries and making a difference in people’s lives.
We’re not just using AI as a buzzword. We’re at the start of a thrilling journey with generative AI, experimenting and learning to fully leverage its potential and free our engineers from mundane tasks, allowing them to focus on what truly matters: design, decision-making, and understanding the far-reaching implications of different implementation strategies.In this role, your expertise and decision-making skills will be valued and utilized to their full potential. If you’re ready to take your career to the next level and be part of a team that’s changing the way we work and learn, we’d love to hear from you.What You Will Be Doing
- Developing cloud-native backends and implementing data processing algorithms using the latest serverless cloud patterns, including AWS.
- Review code to ensure adherence to best practices, team standards, and customer requirements.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Spending time on minor bug fixes or features in outdated codebases.
- Dealing with tedious infrastructure to keep poorly written products running.
- Getting stuck in endless meetings discussing roadmaps and priorities or chasing people around.
Basic RequirementsLead Software Engineer key responsibilities
- A university degree (BS, MS, or PhD) that included an in-depth study of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, computer architecture, and software engineering OR relevant work experience.
- At least 4 years of experience writing production code for the server side of web applications.
- At least 2 years of experience being the primary technical contributor for a development team OR software product.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience developing using cloud patterns (any cloud vendor).
- A personal interest and some experience in using generative A.I. in your day-to-day development
About TrilogyHundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!Working with CrossoverThis is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $50 USD/hour, which equates to $100,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/password-recovery if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4358-PK-Southern-LeadSoftwareEn.001