Job ID 2953
About the job
At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
What You’ll Do
- Acts as a bridge between IT/Tech/Product teams
- Responsible as a Care Agent to provide right resolution to the customers by creating a win-win situation
- Self-reliant and display ownership to ensure end to end resolution
- Use company’s methodology, team input and defined processes to ensure all set KPIs and SLAs are met and FCR is provided
- Should be able to escalate any appropriate problems to senior management
- Provide professional and candid responsive customer service by using excellent customer service skills
- Respond to customer inquiries relative to products, procedures, profit/Mobile Recharge, P2P, credit card, or refer to concerned staff for action
- Handling customer complaints or refer them to appropriate channels for resolving the queries
- Strong follow up and communication skills (oral & verbal)
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in call center as a customer support executive
- Able to speak, read and write good English. Arabic speaking & reading will be a plus
- Basic knowledge of BPO and Call Centre setup
- Should possess technical skills preferably work experience in TSS/Branch-less Banking/Microfinance banking/ Telecommunication sector
- Able to meet challenging deadlines
- Able to work on weekends/public holidays & rotating roster
- Business/Mobile wallet experience, Understanding of Payment gateways will be a plus
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a remote-first environment (3 days remote in country and 2 days onsite per week)
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day