Job ID 1801
About the job
Who is Alex Solutions?
The future is going to be defined by data. That’s why we’ve assembled a team of talented professionals to create a simple, social and self-managing metadata management platform for organisations of all sizes.
Alex Solutions is an Australian-owned software company that is bringing innovation and disruptive ideas to the way organisations manage their information assets.
We design the Alex platform with the belief that anyone and everyone should be able to easily find the right data and understand whether it is fit for purpose.
Named after the Ancient Library of Alexandria – the keeper of all knowledge – Alex aspires to be the single source of truth in all organisations. Alex is empowering the world to quickly find, understand, protect, and ethically use the world’s data.
Recognised by Gartner as a Global Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Metadata Management Solutions for 3 successive years – our team is extremely proud to be representing Australia on a global stage!
We are a team of 95 passionate people – our HQ is in Melbourne, Australia and we are scaling up! We now have team members operating in 3 different regions across the globe!
- 100% remote, work from home
- Flexible hours and arrangements to suit your needs
- Company paid training and certificates
- International, distributed agile team
- Collaborate with team members across different geographies and cultures
- MacBook provided so you can do your best work with us
About the opportunity
This role will gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. You will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate processes. You will work closely with the team to ensure that any modification to the production environment meets the system and user requirements.
Day to day activities:
- Functional, system integration and performance testing which includes test case creation/review, planning and execution.
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product life cycles.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Troubleshoot and support application enquiries or system issues.
- Communicate test progress, test results and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Establishes appropriate test environment and data for test purposes.
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
What are we looking for:
- Actively worked on automation and manual testing for 4+ years.
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong REST API skills
- Strong knowledge of ETL, BI, Data Warehouse, Big Data, RDBMS technologies (looking to generation of internal test data)
- Experience working with databases such as H2, Postgres, Oracle, Teradata…
- Experience using/managing API platforms (for instance, Postman)
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Azure Microsoft, Google Cloud
- A solid foundation in software test techniques and methodology for automated and manual testing.
- Experience in establishing CI/CD pipelines for test automation.
- Hands-on experience in developing test strategies for test automation and manual verification and external validation.
- Capable to monitor and take proper actions on the fragile test(s).
- Experience in preparation of test plans, test scripts, test data and perform test execution using testing tools.
- You love to work independently and consider yourself very self-sufficient when it comes to work — however you are totally excited by collaborating with team members around the world – such as Australia, Turkey, Netherlands, London, Sri Lanka & more.
- Experience in developing test scripts.
- Excellent understanding of testing in Agile Methodology.
- Experience raising, tracking, and retesting defects complying with Defect Management Plans
- Experience of working within multi-stream projects.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage own time and workload.
- Ability to continuously improve testing methodology, best practices, and standards to provide consistent testing across products.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in API testing using Postman and Newman.
- Experience using any test management tools like Zephyr, Testlink,..
- Experience in Unix.
- Knowledge of performance testing.
- Knowledge of performance testing tools like Jmeter, Blazemeter, …
- Experience in Cross-browser Testing and Responsive web design testing.
- Ability to influence individuals and leaders within an organization
If that’s not enough to get you excited – here’s some more info you might be interested in:
- Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements! We are a remote first, hybrid workforce.
- This will be a 100% remote, work from home role.
- Do you like staying up to date with technologies? We ensure company paid dedicated time for self learning & training!
- Monthly ‘Teach Me’ sessions! Get a half day off or a $100 Gift voucher by running a 1 hour skill-share session for the company. Or attend a session to connect over our passions and foster increased cross-learning.
- We truly believe in strength in diversity! Collaborate with team mates around the globe.
- Innovation is important to us! We are the only Australian company with a global leading metadata management solution.
- Learning + growth opportunities in a fast growing company! Join us on our scale up journey and be a part of something special.
- MacBook provided so you can do your best work with us!
- Did we mention our software is used by some of the world’s largest enterprise organisations? Work with leading global organisations across many industries.
- Deck out your desk! We make sure that you have all the essentials – monitor, keyboard, headphones, mouse. PLUS we want to make sure you feel comfortable – so we will chuck in $50 for anything you’d like. It might be a plant, lamp, pencil holder. Whatever works for you.
- Engagement is key to our new ways of working! We have monthly company meetings & awards, online social club events, shout-outs, weekly newsletter.
Alex Solutions is a company made up of people who care about our mission, each other and the world around them. Our Values were defined in a collaborative process involving the whole team.
- Own it with heart
- In it together
- Strength in diversity
- Quality is our attitude
- Customers at Core
- Dare to Innovate
Don’t wait, apply today!