Job ID 1487
About the job
We’re looking for Product Designers!
Nurture is the research and experience lab at Arbisoft with a vision of propelling the organization into its next decade, and a mission of increasing the design and product competence of the entire organization. Nurture was founded on the values of curiosity, collaboration and creativity. It is a space that welcomes everyone with a desire to learn and to produce great work.
A little information about the role:
As a product designer, your role would be to take charge of the entire process of creating products and valuable experiences, including research, UX, UI, project management, and analytics. A large part of your role would be to explore problems, communicate research findings, and ideate and execute solutions that fit the different stages of a product’s lifecycle. You would also be expected to support the developers through the launch process and collaborate with the other teams to ensure success of the product.
This role is remote-friendly. However, you may be expected to visit our HQ in Lahore, Pakistan for orientation week and every once in a while for check-ins.
A few responsibilities:
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable user interfaces
- Explore, understand and make use of user needs
- Design and prototype solutions for web and mobile apps
- Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform design decisions
- Help build out design processes, tools, and culture
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- Participate in client meetings and presentations, and respond appropriately to feedback
- Collaborate with other members of the design team to work towards the organization’s design maturity
What should you absolutely have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A growth mindset and critical thinking skills
- A good understanding of the Google Suite, Figma and other design tools
- Prior experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- A solid understanding of good design principles, usability heuristics and UX laws
- A strong foundation in visual design, with excellent attention to detail
- Grit and passion for the evolving field of design
You’ll have an edge if you have:
- Prior work experience with large development teams
- Familiarity or expertise with product analytics, marketing and sales
- An educational background in applied psychology, visual communication design, architecture other Social Sciences/Humanities majors
What you need to apply
An updated resume that clearly describes what responsibilities you’ve had at your previous work experiences, and what are the different skills you’re confident in. And make sure there are no typos in your resume. I mean it!
- An Essay
Write a brief essay of no more than 500 words that answers this question: “What is something you have nurtured? Describe in detail.” You have a chance to be unique and thoughtful here. Take it!
Note: Kindly copy paste your essay or write it while filling the application.
A portfolio that contains two to three projects. Make sure your portfolio pieces highlight your design process, and not just the end product/visual. Use this opportunity to show the breadth and depth of your design work. Show me what you’re proud of and why!
Note: Please ensure to paste your portfolio link. We will not be able to consider your application if it is falling short of any of the required items mentioned above.