The PEEF has allocated 80% of its annual scholarships for under “Outreach Scholarships” category. These scholarships are awarded to needy & talented students to pursue higher education for studies in the following two (2) educational levels.
Type of Institutions
These scholarships have been allocated for both public and private sector educational institutions.
The PEEF has adopted a “Pro-active Approach” for the award of Outreach Scholarships to the talented and needy students. No advertisements are released to seek applications for scholarships (except Special Quota & Master’s level); rather PEEF itself obtains data of meritorious students from all Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISEs) of Punjab and Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) and contact the eligible and meritorious students who have attained top positions in their respective tehsils & educational streams.
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund endeavors to bring best educational opportunities to the less privileged and talented youth of Punjab, and bring them at par with the most fortunate ones. In this perspective, the districts of Punjab have been divided into two major categories; Developed Districts (DDs) and Less Developed Districts (LDDs)
Level Wise Eligibility Criteria
Intermediate and Graduation Level
The students must have:
- Passed Matriculation and Intermediate annual examination held by Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) Punjab or Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE), Islamabad in annual.
- Only students of Federal Government Institutions and Federal Private affiliated institutions situated within geographical boundaries of Punjab are eligible.
- Declared monthly income of parents (from all sources) is equal to or less than PKR. 35,000/- .
- For Special Quota Scholarships, the student must fall in at least one of the S.Q categories.
- Children of government employees of BPS 1-4 (Children of Both Serving and Retired Govt. servants are eligible )
- Children belonging to minority religion
- Special Children (Disabled)
- The Children of civilians martyred in terrorist’s attacks
- Not availing any other educational scholarship during the current academic year
- Secured admission in a regular educational institution as a full time student in the same year as of passing the examination.
- The Children of government servants in BPS 1 – 4 are exempted from income limit criteria if salary is the only source of income
- Children of civilians martyred in terrorist attacks are also exempted from the monthly income limit of Rs. 35,000/-
- Marks improvers or students who have passed examination in supplementary session
- Students who have passed the aforementioned examination with grace marks (*)