Job ID 1712
Pakistan has no shortage of talented youth, but in several instances, lack of resources prevents them from realizing their potentials. This becomes more problematic when it comes to accessing higher education. The Government of Pakistan acknowledges these constraints and has tasked Higher Education Commission to facilitate the needy and deserving students through Need Based Scholarships. Scholarships have been announced for financially disadvantaged students of as many as 98 public sector universities and their campuses.
- Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at Undergraduate level in all disciplines at HEC selected public sector Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions.
- Students need to compete for securing admission at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 years) programs.
- Students in financial need who are already enrolled in participating institutions are also eligible to apply.
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to his/her financial needs as assessed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee. The financial background of the family of the applicant will be kept in view in this regard.
- The number of slots will be decided by the universities.
- Funding for slots will continue for the complete duration of the program. In case any students drop out, they will be replaced by other candidates on the waiting list.
- All disciplines will be kept open. The selected university will decide whether to include or exclude any discipline keeping in view its grant, program cost, and number of allocated slots, etc.
- In the case of Medicine, Pharm-D and other five year programs, funding will be made available for the complete program.
- Considering the allocated grant, the university may adjust the total number of scholarships to an extent in order to cover the tuition fees.
- In addition to the tuition fee, every grantee will be paid Rs.6000/- stipend per month for the complete program.
- Those students who secure admission on self-finance are not eligible for HEC Need-Based Scholarship Program
|1||The Women University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Bagh||AJK|
|2||Mirpur University of Science & Technology, Mirpur (AJK)||AJK|
|3||AJK University, Muzaffarabad||AJK|
|4||University of Poonch, Rawalakot||AJK|
|5||University of Management Sciences and Information Technology, Kotli (AJK)||AJK|
|6||Lasbela Univ. of Agri., Water & Marine Sciences, Uthal||Balochistan|
|7||University of Balochistan, Quetta||Balochistan|
|8||Balochistan Univ. of IT & MS, Quetta||Balochistan|
|9||Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University, Quetta||Balochistan|
|10||Balochistan Univ. of Engg. & Tech., Khuzdar||Balochistan|
|11||University of Turbat, Turbat||Balochistan|
|12||University of Lorali, Lorali||Balochistan|
|13||Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad||Faderal|
|14||International Islamic University, Islamabad||Faderal|
|15||National Univ. of Modern Languages, Islamabad||Faderal|
|16||Air University, Islamabad||Faderal|
|17||National Defence University, Islamabad||Faderal|
|18||Bahria University, Islambad||Faderal|
|19||Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhatto Medical Uni, Islamabad||Faderal|
|20||Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Islamabad||Faderal|
|21||Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad||Faderal|
|22||COMSATS Institute of IT, Islamabad||Faderal|
|23||Virtual University of Pakistan||Faderal|
|24||Karakurum International University, Gilgit||Gilgit Baltistan|
|25||Islamia College University, Peshawar||KPK|
|26||University of Malakand, Chakdara||KPK|
|27||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University (FWU), Peshawar||KPK|
|28||University of Science & Tech., Bannu||KPK|
|29||Hazara University, Mansehra||KPK|
|30||Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan||KPK|
|31||Kohat Univ. of Science & Tech., Kohat||KPK|
|32||Gomal University, D.I. Khan||KPK|
|33||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal, Dir Upper||KPK|
|34||Abbotabad University of Sce. And Tech. Abbotabad||KPK|
|35||University of Swat, Swat||KPK|
|36||KPK University of Agriculture, Peshawar||KPK|
|37||The University of Swabi for Women, Swabi||KPK|
|38||KPK Univ. of Engg. & Tech., Peshawar||KPK|
|39||University of Peshawar, Peshawar||KPK|
|40||Khyber Medical University, Peshawar||KPK|
|41||Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar||KPK|
|42||Bacha Khan University, Charsada||KPK|
|43||University of Haripur, Haripur||KPK|
|44||Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak||KPK|
|45||University of Swabi, Swabi||KPK|
|46||FATA University, Akhurwal Dara Adam Khel||KPK|
|47||University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi||Punjab|
|48||National Uni. Of Medical Science, Rawalpindi||Punjab|
|49||Lahore College for Women University, Lahore||Punjab|
|50||Government College University, Faisalabad||Punjab|
|51||University of Education, Lahore||Punjab|
|52||University of Sargodha, Sargodha||Punjab|
|53||The Women University, Multan||Punjab|
|54||University of Gujrat, Gujrat||Punjab|
|55||University of Agriculture, Faisalabad||Punjab|
|56||Ghazi University, Dera Ghazi Khan||Punjab|
|57||The Govt. Sadiq College Women University Bahawalpur||Punjab|
|58||GC Women University, Sialkot||Punjab|
|59||GC Women University, Faisalabad||Punjab|
|60||University of Health Sciences, Lahore||Punjab|
|61||King Edward Medical University, Lahore||Punjab|
|62||Kinniard College for Women, Lahore||Punjab|
|63||Information Tech. University Lahore||Punjab|
|64||Islamia University, Bahawalpur||Punjab|
|65||National Textile University, Faisalabad||Punjab|
|66||University of Engg. & Tech., Taxila||Punjab|
|67||University of Engg. & Tech., Lahore||Punjab|
|68||Univ. of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore||Punjab|
|69||Government College University, Lahore||Punjab|
|70||Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan||Punjab|
|71||University of the Punjab, Lahore||Punjab|
|72||Pakistan Institute of Fashion & Design, Lahore||Punjab|
|73||Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Agriculture, Multan||Punjab|
|74||Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi||Punjab|
|75||Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Lahore||Punjab|
|76||Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University Engg & Tech, Multan||Punjab|
|77||Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science & Technology||Sindh|
|78||Dawood University of Engineering & Technology Karachi||Sindh|
|79||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences at Sakrand||Sindh|
|80||Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University, Lyari||Sindh|
|81||NED University of Engineering and Technology||Sindh|
|82||University of Karachi, Karachi||Sindh|
|83||Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi||Sindh|
|84||People University of Medical Health Sciences For Women, Nawabshah (Benazirabad)||Sindh|
|85||Quaid Awam University Engineering Science & Technology Nawabshah||Sindh|
|86||Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam||Sindh|
|87||Liaquat Univ. of Medical & Health Sciences, Jamshoro||Sindh|
|88||Mehran Univ. of Engineering Science & Technology Nawabshah
|89||University of Sindh, Jamshoro||Sindh|
|90||Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University of technology & skill development, Khairpur||Sindh|
|91||Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur||Sindh|
|92||Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Benzirabad||Sindh|
|93||Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachi||Sindh|
|94||Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University, Larkana||Sindh|
|95||Sindh Madressatul Islam University, Karachi||Sindh|
|96||Institute of Business Administration, Karachi||Sindh|
|97||Sukkur Institute of Business Administration, Sukkur||Sindh|
|98||Shaheed Zulifqar Ali Bhutto University of Law, Karachi||Sindh|
- The applications of all potential candidates are reviewed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee (ISAC). The committee is headed by the Vice Chancellor of the participating institution, along with members from the institution as well as external members. This is done to ensure impartiality and transparency.
- The ISAC shares the information about the recommended students along with the Minutes of the Meeting with HEC for review and information.
- After finalization of awardees’ list, the participating institutions will forward the funds to the selected students.
Interested applicants can receive the Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution. The form can also be Downloaded Here.
What does the scholarship cover?
The Needs Based Scholarship program covers funds for the following expenses:
- Tuition Fee