Job ID 2291
About the job
We are looking for a Software Engineer, experienced in React Native and other frontend programming languages and is interested in being part of a platform that handles millions of requests per day. You will be conceiving, designing and delivering the most complex products and pushing the boundaries of perfection. Continuous integrations, auto-scaled rolling releases, creating event-driven service-oriented architectures are all part of the daily gig.
At dubizzle you’d be part of high performing cross-functional “Squads” set with a mission to provide win-win exchanges for our beloved users.
In This Role You Will
- Work closely with other teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues, and handling the complete SDLC.
- Support a wide range of products focusing on automation, availability and performance, and above all reliability as well as supporting mobile engineers and business intelligence leading up to, during and after each sprint.
- Live true to our ambitions of building an industry-leading platform which is relentlessly focussed on innovation.
- Develop elegant solutions for complex problems;
- Write and maintain exemplary code following dubizzle’s programming practices;
- Gain a detailed understanding of the complete architecture of our product and the position of your product stream in it;
- Work in a mentoring capacity within a peer-programming environment and provide guidance on tasks, irrespective of complexity or scale;
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of production level experience in React Native
- Ability to build apps in Reactive Native
- Good understanding of at least one MVC frameworks (Ember, Angular, Backbone or React)
- In-depth knowledge of database management technologies, preferably MySQL, PostgreSQL and understanding of NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS technologies and application deployment using containers (e.g. Docker) is a plus;
- Some understanding of build tools like Gulp or Webpack and package management tools like bower & NPM;
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. This is an absolute must. We have heated debates around complicated subjects and you will be expected to defend your points of view.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment;
- A fast paced, high performing team.
- Multicultural environment with over 40 different nationalities
- Comprehensive Health insurance (Spouse & Children)
- Rewards & Recognitions
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Gym Allowance
- Laptop Ownership
- Paid Leaves