Job ID 4404
About the job
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added services to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture, and its competition.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops and improves HR processes for promotions and transfers.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructure, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Participates in Workday adoption & enhancement company-wide.
- Follows Workday adoption (policies & processes) and comply respective business units to do so.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Understanding business goals & challenges and converting them to people goals.
- Helping business growth through leadership partnership.
- Ensuring compliance and fulfilling the requirements in Recruitment, Onboarding, Retention, Performance management, Workforce management (Succession planning), Compensation, Analytics, Rewards and Recognition.
- Demonstrating performance based on HR competencies i.e. Credible Activist, Business Partner, Operational Executor, Strategic Thinking, Organization design and Talent development, Culture and Change champion, Analytical Skills, Innovation, Strategy Architect.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field (preferably Human Resources).
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year relevant experience.
- Experience in data reporting and analysis tools (e.g. MS Office).
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on-site in US shift-timings.