Job ID 4976
Applications are now open for the 600 Graduate Research Scholarships for the 2023-24 academic year at the University of Melbourne in Australia.
This program provides a distinctive and valuable opportunity for both international and domestic students. It allows them to pursue Master’s, MPhil, and Doctoral degrees across a diverse array of academic fields.
600 Graduate Research Scholarships 2023-24 Details:
|University:||University of Melbourne|
|Degree level:||Masters/MPhil, PhD|
|Scholarship coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Eligible nationality:||All Nationalities|
|Last Date:||31 October 2023|
600 Graduate Research Scholarships 2023-24 in Australia
The University of Melbourne offers fully funded scholarships, attracting global students. All nationalities can apply. Also, explore UTS RTP Scholarships 2023-24, another fully funded opportunity in Australia.
These scholarships stand out due to their simplified application process. No separate application needed; all applicants automatically considered. Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne hosts a diverse student body.
Situated in Melbourne, Australia, it’s renowned for research and education. It’s Australia’s second oldest, ranking 32nd globally in Times Higher Education 2020-2021. Academic Ranking of World Universities places it 38th worldwide, QS World University Rankings at 39th. Also, it ranks sixth globally in QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022. Consider applying for Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) 2024 as well, offering full funding.
600 Graduate Research Scholarships 2023-24 in Australia :Financial Support
The University of Melbourne’s Graduate Research Scholarships provide comprehensive funding for both domestic and international students. The program offers a total of 600 scholarships, covering the following:
- Master’s by Research candidates receive full tuition coverage for up to two years; Doctoral candidates up to four years.
- A living allowance of $34,400 per year (2023 full-time study rate) for up to two years for Master’s by Research students, and up to 3.5 years for Doctoral students. This allowance is subject to annual indexing and includes limited provisions for sick, maternity, and parenting leave
- A relocation grant of $2000 for students transferring from other states or territories within Australia, or $3000 for those moving from outside Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students requiring an Australian student visa.
Diverse Academic Fields:
The University of Melbourne’s scholarship program spans a wide range of academic disciplines, catering to Master’s, MPhil, and PhD degree aspirants.
The fields of study on offer encompass a wide range, including but not limited to:
- Architecture, building, planning, and design
- Arts, humanities, and social sciences
- Business and economics
- Information technology and computer science
- Music, visual, and performing arts
- Veterinary, agricultural, and food sciences
- Master’s Research Degree: 2.5 years
- PhD Research Degree: 4 years
To be eligible for the 600 Graduate Research Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applied for or meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or currently enrolled in such a program.
- Available to both international and national students.
The application deadline for the 600 Graduate Research Scholarships for Master’s, MPhil, and Doctoral studies at the University of Melbourne is October 31, 2023.
New students with a Graduate Research course application by the course’s deadline are automatically eligible for scholarship consideration.
Within seven days of submitting your course application, you’ll receive notice of a linked scholarship application.
For those who have accepted a graduate research course offer and deferred the start date to be reconsidered for a scholarship, an online application form must be submitted by October 31.
Within seven days of submitting the online form, a notification of the scholarship application being linked to your record will be sent.
Current graduate research students aiming to secure a scholarship for the following year must also complete the online application form by October 31. Similar to the above cases, you will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to your record within seven days of form submission.