About the job
Who We AreMotive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.About The RoleWhat You’ll Do:
- Lead the Data Annotations Program and a team of 350+ analysts, program managers, engineers and annotators.
- Drive strategic initiative planning, deliverables, prioritization, and execution.
- Be hands-on and deeply immersed in the end to end context of the annotation ecosystem
- Define Program OKRs and own execution, productivity, efficiency and reliability metrics
- Manage workforce planning and workforce management strategies
- Ensure 24/7/365 live operations run smoothly with 99% uptime
- Lead project management, product management, and quality assurance teams to high standards of excellence in delivery
- Partner with AI/ML teams to ensure all requirements are captured, prioritized and delivered to support timely model development and updates.
- Lead quarterly and yearly planning from projects, to HC and own the P&L of the org
- Communicate the health of the org, projects, and features to exec stakeholders, cross functional stakeholders and beyond.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in video or data annotation or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in building and managing large scale multifunctional teams.
- Strong knowledge and experience in live operations, quality assurance, project management, and building & training teams.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, including coaching, mentoring and conflict resolution. Prior experience managing large organizations (150+ people) in a remote environment across geos.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to collaborate with stakeholders. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to contribute to product strategy and management.
- Experience with project management tools (eg. Spreadsheets, JIRA, Confluence, Coda, etc), and agile methodologies.
- Prior experience of working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience working with Data Scientists and/or ML Researchers is a huge plus.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive’s core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive’s policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.